Haute Route Rockies 2017
June 24th - 30th 2017
We are proud to continue working with the Haute Route, the toughest cyclosportives in the world.
The inaugural Mavic Haute Route Rockies takes place between Saturday June 24th and Friday 30th 2017, and will combine the established format of the European Haute Route events with the thrill of riding through some of the most spectacular mountain scenery in the heartland of American road cycling.
The event will start in Boulder, before heading through the Colorado Rockies, stopping in Winter Park, Avon, Snowmass Village, Crested Butte and finishing in Colorado Springs. Interest is this exciting new event is high and entries are expected to sell quickly.
At Sports Tours International we have supported cyclists on each and every Haute Route event since the very first one in 2010 and we are pleased to continue this with the new Haute Route in the Rockies. New for 2017 is the first Haute Route on North American soil, the Haute Route Rockies. With professional level event organisation including medical and mechanical support, rolling road security, film crews and, of course, massages, you will be 100% immersed in the world of cycling for seven unforgettable days.
Rookie or expert, you will tackle the highest, steepest, most world-renowned cycling terrain. You will push yourself to your physical and mental limits – and experience what it’s really like to ‘ride like a pro’.
Proposed Travel Itinerary:
The concept of the Haute Route Rockies will be the same as the European events: 7 consecutive timed stages (including one ‘Marathon Stage’ and one individual time-trial), maximum number of legendary cols, minimal flat sections, mountain top finishes where possible, maximum length timed sections, individual timing and all climbs timed. All this with Haute Route Pro support to emulate the Pro Cyclist experience as much as is possible for an amateur cyclist. To download more information: official website: www.hauteroute.org
Thursday June 22nd: Arrival day:
There is likely to be a non-timed parade of the Haute Route Peloton on Friday June 23rd. Participation is highly encouraged but not obligatory. We offer the opportunity to arrive ahead of the Parade and registration day. Please give us your flight times into Denver airport so we can arrange the airport transfer.
This evening we will organise a race briefing and you will have the opportunity to meet your fellow riders.
Friday June 23rd: EXPO and registration and non-timed parade
The event village is located in Boulder where we will be in place to welcome the 2017 Haute Route Rockies riders. One week later, 600 riders from all continents will celebrate the end of their epic cycling journey in Colorado Springs.
We expect that you receive among other things:
- 1 complete set of Haute Route cycling kit
- Haute Route travel bag with wheels, transported from start to finish
- 1 Haute Route back pack
- Mechanical support from Mavic both at each race village and along the route (not for repairing punctures)
- A personalised frame plate and 2 sets of race numbers
- Pit stops, refreshment breaks (solid, liquid, energy products) on each stage
- A hot meal at the finish of each stage
Saturday June 24th: Stage 1 – Boulder to Boulder
Expect climbs, gravel sections and amazing beauty in this beautiful area of the United States. As with the Haute Route in Europe, we will transport your luggage and provide en route support. Hotels in the best locations will be reserved for you. We will be there to help you with any mechanical issues or any other advice or support.
Sunday June 25th: Stage 2 – Boulder to Winter Park
Throughout the week, we will transport your bags between hotels.
Monday June 26th: Stage 3 – Winter Park to Avon
Tuesday June 27th: Stage 4 – Individual Time Trial from Avon
In keeping with Haute Route tradition, the 4th stage of the week will be a mountain time trial.
Wednesday June 28th: Stage 5 – Avon to Snowmass Village
Thursday June 29th: Stage 6 – Snowmass Village to Crested Butte
Friday June 30th: Stage 7 and final stage of the 2017 Haute Route Rockies – TBC to Colorado Springs
Tonight we will enjoy a well-earned evening meal together. You will be elated that you have completed the challenge of a lifetime. Tonight we stay at a hotel near the finish.
Saturday July 1st – Departure day
Today we will run airport transfers to Denver Airport.
Why book 2017 Haute Route Rockies with us?
- Sports Tours International have been involved with the Haute Route from the very beginning. We know how to support our athletes during this physically and mentally demanding event
- Our support package lets you fully focus on the job at hand
- You will know in advance what hotels you are staying at
- All hotels are in ideal locations and of excellent standard
- Our experienced reps and pro mechanic will be on hand throughout the event to support you and we will go to all race briefings for you and give you personal daily briefings so you can stay at the hotel to recover
- We transport your luggage daily and we will transport you and your bike to and from the finish and start if required
- We provide daily private feed and support stops en route
- We provide airport transfers and transport for non-riding partners who book through us
£1599 per person based on 2 people sharing a room with a double bed or 2 single beds
£449 per person supplement based on sole occupancy of a room
Entry fees – subject to availability:
- £1400 – ($1,950 – $2,200 if booked directly with Haute Route)
Included in our rider support packages is:
- Sports Tours International support – See a list of what this includes below
- 9 nights accommodation at well located 3 and 4 star hotels
- Daily breakfasts
- Evening meals
- Additional private food and assistance stops on the route
- Airport transfers from Denver airport for you and your bike
- Nightly secure bike storage at all hotels
- A Sports Tours International cycling jersey made by Santini – More information
- Sports Tours bike guides/ driver support
- Daily minibus transport
- Additional private mechanical support
- Additional assistance points on the route
- Luggage transport
- Private race briefings
- Transport after the finish to the hotel or to the start from the hotel if required
- Transport of luggage between the stages
- Transport of non-riding friends or partners between stages and to viewing points
Not included in our travel packages is:
- The Haute Route entry plus all extras that this includes (Please view www.hauteroute.org for details) – this is payable at time of booking and is included in your deposit
- Your journey to the start and from the finish in Denver
- Travel Insurance – please visit our insurance page
HOW TO BOOK:
Click on the green button below.
At time of booking we require a non-refundable deposit per person plus any applicable entry fee. The balance of your travel package must be paid, at the latest, 12 weeks before departure to avoid the cancellation of your trip.
Please see our full booking conditions.
To take part in the Sportive you have to get a medical certificate signed by your doctor within the last year from the event date, our partners offer online medical certification.
Single travellers and twin to share:
We welcome single travellers on our tours and holidays as it is a great way to join a like-minded group of people and you will make lots of new friends. If you would like to join our group as a single traveller we can offer you two options. A single room or if you want to avoid the single supplement then you can make use of our ‘twin to share’ option. We will pair you up with another rider (of the same sex) and you can enjoy the event without having to pay extra.
Passport (this is your responsibility):
Please – don’t leave it to the last minute! The following information is for United Kingdom passport holders only, other nationals including Eire should consult the appropriate embassy. UK residents are allowed to enter the USA with a ten year passport, with no less than 6 months left before the expiry of the passport, if staying in the US for less than 90 days. However, the rules are constantly updated, so we advise that you check your own individual situation as the visa waiver programme is subject to strict criteria, and for example, if you have a criminal record or have previously been refused entry to the US, you may not qualify for entry under the Visa Waiver programme.
Please check your status with the rules. Passengers are no longer permitted to enter the USA with a non-machine readable passport unless their old style passport has a valid Visa stamp. The newer red passports are machine readable.
CHILDREN MUST HAVE THEIR OWN PASSPORT – If in doubt please contact the passport advice line on 0300 222 0000, or Passport Office Website or if applicable the American Embassy on 0207 499 9000 or the US Embassy Website
ePassports effective 1st April 2016:
In preparation for customers travelling to the United States of America, please be aware that important changes have been made to passport requirements for the US. If you are travelling on the Visa Waiver Programme to the US on or after 1 April 2016, you must have an ePassport. If you are not sure if you already have an ePassport or not, simply check your current passport for the ePassport symbol on the front cover. To find out more, please refer to www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/usa
Immigration to the USA:
There are now very strict guidelines on entry to the USA and a new system put in place whereby you must have registered with the Department of Homeland Security at least three days before you travel. More information can be found on the Department’s Official Website.
Changes to ESTA requirements – 26.1.16:
The U.S. Authorities have made changes to their entry requirements which will affect any dual nationality customer who has a passport issued by a country which is eligible under the U.S. visa Waiver Programme AND a passport issued by Iran, Iraq, Sudan and Syria.
These customers with dual nationality will no longer be able to enter the U.S. using an ESTA under the Visa Waiver Programme.
In addition any customer who has an ESTA and that has visited Iran, Iraq, Sudan or Syria since March 1, 2011 should also expect not to be able to use the Visa Waiver Programme. These customers will require a U.S. visa for future travel to the United States, and should contact their local US Embassy.
For details of specialist sports travel insurance for our travel packages, please visit our insurance page. You must ensure that your travel insurance policy covers you to participate in running events. There is additional information about our other Concierge Services on our special web page.