Haute Route Ventoux 2017
4th or 5th to 9th October 2017
(Event dates 6th-8th October)
New for 2017 is the Haute Route Ventoux. The town of Bédoin at the base of the Mont Ventoux will be the base of this 3 day Cyclo-Sportive. The inaugural Haute Route Ventoux is set to take place from the 6th-8th October 2017.
We are pleased to offer travel packages with airport transfers, staff support, hotel in Bedoin and guaranteed entries to the 2017 Haute Route Ventoux.
The inaugural Haute Route Ventoux will consist of 3 timed stages, finishing with an individual time trial up to the summit of Mont Ventoux. The 3 day event will cover a total of 270km, with over 7,500m of climbing.
The concept of the Haute Route Ventoux is like the other Haute Route events: Haute Route Rockies, Haute Route Pyrenees, Haute Route Alps,Haute Route Swiss Alps Dolomites and Haute Route Alpe d'Huez.
Consecutive timed stages (including one ‘Marathon Stage’ and one individual time-trial), legendary cols, minimal flat sections, mountain top finishes where possible and individual timing. All this with Haute Route Pro support to emulate the Pro Cyclist experience as much as is possible for an amateur cyclist. To view more information, please visit the official website: www.hauteroute.org.
Check out a great article from the Guardian that takes a closer look into the Haute Route highs and heartbreak – what motivates cyclists on tough rides? Read more here.
Why book 2017 Haute Route Ventoux with us?
Sports Tours International have been involved with the Haute Route from the very beginning. We know how to support our athletes during this physically and mentally demanding event. Our support package lets you fully focus on the job at hand
- Airport transfers and evening meals are included
- You will know in advance what hotel you are staying at. Our hotel is in an ideal location and of excellent standard
- Our experienced reps and pro mechanic will be on hand throughout the event to support you
- We transport you and your bike to and from the finish and start if required
- We provide daily private feed and support stops en route
- We provide airport transfers and transport for non-riding partners who book through us
- Optional overland Bike Transfer from the UK at £135 per bike if booked as part of a travel package (Otherwise £157.50) – More Information
** Hotel l’Escapade Bedoin:
Hotel l’Escapade is ideally located in Bedoin, at the foot of Mont Ventoux, and is the host village for the Haute Route Ventoux.
This charming family run hotel is located in the centre of Bedoin, and has long welcomed cyclists looking to conquer the Giant of Provence.
All rooms have an en-suite bathroom, TV, air-conditioning and free WiFi. Dinner is provided at the hotel’s restaurant, using locally sourced fresh ingredients, and can be served on the terrace as well as inside.
**** Chateau de Mazan:
Chateau de Mazan is located just over 10km from Bedoin, the host village for the Haute Route Ventoux.
This 4* hotel is located in an 18th century chateau, which was once home to the Marquis de Sade, and has since been turned into a luxurious family run hotel along with the neighbouring house. The hotel has an outdoor pool within its landscaped garden, and evening meals and breakfast are served in the hotel’s restaurant.
All rooms are equipped with an en-suite bathroom, air conditioning and TV.
Travel Itinerary for the 2017 Haute Route Ventoux:
Wednesday October 4th – Optional early arrival:
Thursday October 5th – Bib and number collection and event registration:
The day of the registration and event Expo will be Thursday October 6th. We offer the opportunity to arrive ahead of this day so you can prepare ahead of the event. Book your extra hotel night and please give us your flight times so we can arrange the airport transfer from Marseille airport. The transfer time is approximately 3 hours from Marseille to Bedoin. We will be operating 2 transfers today, at 11.00 and 19.00 from the airport to our hotels.
The event village is located in Bedoin where we will be in place to welcome the 2017 Haute Route Ventoux riders. Arrive directly at the hotel or take the option to fly into Marseille Airport and make use of our airport transfer. We will be operating 1 transfers today, at 14.00 as you need to arrive this afternoon at the latest to register for the event. This evening we will organise a race briefing and you will have the opportunity to meet your fellow riders.
Included with your entry you will receive among other things:
- 1 Haute Route back pack
- Mechanical support from Mavic both at each race village and along the route (not for repairing punctures)
- A personalised frame plate and 2 sets of race numbers
- Pit stops, refreshment breaks (solid, liquid, energy products) on each stage
- A hot meal at the finish of each stage
Friday October 6th – Bedoin to ?:
The riders of the 2017 inaugural Haute Route Ventoux will start in Bedoin. We expect a brilliant but challenging route around the Giant of Provence. After you finish, enjoy the evening meal at our hotel.
Saturday October 7th:
Stage details will be announced at a later date. Our staff support, transport, extra assistance points and a well located hotel with evening meal are again included today.
Sunday October 8th – Mont Ventoux Time Trial:
The third and final day will be an individual time trial to the summit of Mont Ventoux, finishing atop the Giant of Provence at 1,912m altitude.
Monday October 9th:
Today we will run airport transfers to Marseille airport at set times.
£719/949 per person based on 2 people sharing a twin or double room.
£109/189 per person supplement for the single occupancy of a room
£589 Entry fee to the 2017 Haute Route Ventoux – What’s included with the entry? click here.
Extra night in Bedoin ahead of the event (Wednesday October 4th):
£70/130 per person based on 2 people sharing a twin or double room.
£20/50 Supplement for the single occupancy of a room
Included in your travel packages is:
- 4 nights accommodation at our hotel in Bedoin or Mazan
- Daily breakfasts
- Evening meals
- Secure bike storage at the hotel
- Airport transfers at set times – see itinerary for more details
- Transport after the finish or to the start if required
- Transport of non-riding friends or partners to and from stages
- Sports Tours staff support during each stage and in the evenings
- A Sports Tours International cycling jersey made by Santini – More information.
Also available with our travel packages is:
- The £589 (€645 if booked with organisers) Haute Route entry plus all extras that this includes (Please view www.hauteroute.org for details) – this is payable at time of booking and is included in your deposit
- Overland Bike Transfer at £135 per bike if booked as part of a travel package, otherwise £157.50 – More Information
- Travel Insurance – highly recommended. Please visit our insurance page
- To take part in the 2017 Haute Route you have to get a medical certificate signed by your doctor within the last year from the event date, our partners offer online medical certification.
HOW TO BOOK:
Click on the green button below.
At time of booking we require a non-refundable deposit per person plus any applicable entry fee. The balance of your travel package must be paid, at the latest, 12 weeks before departure to avoid the cancellation of your trip.
Please click here for our full booking conditions.
To take part in the 2017 Haute Route you have to get a medical certificate signed by your doctor within the last year from the event date, our partners offer online medical certification.
Sports Travel – Keeping safe:
For some tips on how to stay safe whilst you travel, please have a look here
Single travellers and twin to share:
We welcome single travellers on our tours and holidays as it is a great way to join a like-minded group of people and you will make lots of new friends. If you would like to join our group as a single traveller we can offer you two options. A single room or if you want to avoid the single supplement then you can make use of our ‘twin to share’ option. We will pair you up with another traveller (of the same sex) and you can enjoy the event without having to pay extra.
General, visa, passport and health information:
For passport and visa information, please check the relevant section on this page.General Travel and health Information for your destination is available on the FCO website. Please note that this information relates to UK passport holders only and that other nationalities should refer to their own authorities for this information.
For details of specialist sports travel insurance for our travel packages, please visit our insurance page. You must ensure that your travel insurance policy covers you to participate in cycling events. There is additional information about our other Concierge Services on our special web page.