Etape du Tour 2017
Travel and Race Services
Sunday July 16th 2017
We offer a selection of travel and race services for the 2017 Etape du Tour which takes place on Sunday July 16 from Briancon to the Col d’Izoard. These are available without the need to purchase a travel package with us. These services include: airport transfers from Geneva or Turin airport, overland bike transport from the UK, specialist sports travel insurance and an online medical certification service.
Sports Tours International has been providing travelling cyclists with convenient travel services for many years to a large range of cycling events. We offer great value travel packages with everything taken care of – More information here – travel packages with guaranteed entry into the 2017 Etape du Tour.
We understand that you may not require a hotel and the services of our staff so we also offer you the option to make use of some of our services without the need to buy one of our travel packages. We offer the below travel and race services:
- Etape du Tour Express Airport transfers from Geneva or Turin airport – for more information, please click on the READ MORE tab
- Overland bike transfer from the UK at £150 if booked witha package, otherwise £175) – More information here
- Sports travel insurance – do not travel without insurance and don’t forget to insure your bike. Please visit our insurance page
- Online medical certification service – To take part in the 2017 Etape du Tour you have to get a medical certificate signed by your doctor within the last year from the event date. For an example copy of the kind of form have a look here, Medical certificate example cycling. Alternatively our partners offer online medical certification
- Bike rental – Bike rental options – £129 for a Trek Carbon bike with Shimano 105 and £199 for Shimano Ultegra – More information here
- Get an Etape du Tour front pen entry when you do our Etape du Tour training camp in Nice in March 2017 ahead of the arrival of the 2017 Paris – Nice pro race
Etape du Tour Express Airport transfers:
Airport transfers from Geneva International airport and from Turin airport for the 2017 Etape du Tour which takes place on Sunday July 16 in Serre Chevalier. We provide transport for you, your luggage and your bike in its bike box or bag.
Etape du Tour travel packages:
The Etape du Tour Express airport transfers can be booked as a stand alone item but if you book a travel package with Sports Tours International with hotel, guaranteed entry and staff service then the return transfer is included in your travel package. We offer arrival transfers at set times on Friday July 14th with departure transfers on Monday 17th July from Serre Chevalier.
- Return airport transfer Geneva to Serre Chevalier – £135 per person
- Return airport transfer Turin to Serre Chevalier – £110 per person
We have chosen Geneva and Turin airports as they offer the best access based on flight availability and distance to Serre Chevalier.
Geneva Cointrin International Airport – Swiss side:
If you arrive at the French side, please make your way through the border and come and meet us in the arrivals hall on on the Swiss side.
- Friday 14th July – Arrival transfer times (departure time from airport): 11.00, 14.00, 16.00, 18.00 and 20.00
Our staff will be waiting at our Welcome Desk, immediately in front of you as you leave the baggage collection carousels and walk through the doors into the arrivals area. Please allow at least 1 hour between your expected landing time and coach time (e.g. if you are expected to land at 10:30, please book the 14:00 coach).
- Friday 14th July – Arrival transfer times (departure time from airport) – 11.00, 15.00 and 20.00
Our staff will be waiting at our welcome desk in the arrivals area of Turin Airport. Please allow enough time between your expected landing time and coach time (e.g. if you are expected to land at 10:45, please book the 15:00 coach)
What is included with the Etape du Tour Express airport transfer?
- Airport welcome and assistance with emergency contact number
- Seat on the airport transfer vehicle at a set time
- Box trailer behind the coach for transport of bikes in bike boxes
- English speaking guide on board and French speaking driver
- Comfortable, quality vehicles from a reputable local coach company
- Central drop off and collection points in Serre Chevalier – Briancon, Chantemerle, Villeneuve and Monetier
- Pre-booked return transfer time and collection location based on your flight departure time from the same point as where you were dropped off
A set departure time will be given to you ahead of the event for the collection on Monday after the Etape du Tour. We will collect at one central point in Briancon, Chantemerle, Villeneuve and Monetier les Bains.
We aim to leave Serre Chevalier with everyone on board at the times stated below. Please provide us with details of your onward travel (flight or train time) when you book this service.
Please note that it is your responsibility to book the coach departure time which allows you enough time for the transfer, checking in and getting through security. We suggest 3.5 hours for the transfer time and 2 hours for check in and security for departures to Geneva and 2.5 hours plus 2 hours for check in for Turin airport.
Please contact us if you need advice on which transfer departure collection time is best for you based on your departure flight time.
Departure transfer from Serre Chevalier to Geneva Int. Swiss side:
- Departing Serre Chevalier at 04.00 – 05.00* for flights with departure time after 11.00
- Departing Serre Chavalier at 06.00 – 07.00* for flights with departure time after 13.00
- Departing Serre Chevalier at 08.00 – 09.00* for flights with departure time after 15.00
- Departing Serre Chevalier at 10.00 – 11.00* for flights with departure time after 17.00
- Departing Serre Chevalier at 12.00 – 13.00* for flights with departure time after 19.00
*Depends on where you are staying; Monetier Les Bains, Villeneuve, Chantemerle or Briancon
N.B. Please note that if you have booked a place on the early transfer and then miss it, we cannot guarantee that there is space on the later transfer for you and your bike.
Departure transfer from Serre Chevalier to Turin airport:
- Departing Serre Chevalier at o4.00 – 05:00* for flights with departure time after 10.00
- Departing Serre Chevalier at 06.30 – 07:00* for flights with departure time after 12.00
- Departing Serre Chevalier at 09.30 – 10:00* for flights with departure time after 15.00
- Departing Serre Chevalier at 12.30 – 13:00* for flights with departure time after 18.00
*Depends on where you are staying; Monetier Les Bains, Villeneuve, Chantemerle or Briancon
N.B. Please note that if you miss the 05:00 transfer, we cannot guarantee that there is space on the 07:00 transfer for you and your bike.
Central drop off and collection locations:
We will have a selection of locations across the Serre Chevalier valley, with easy access to all areas of the resort:
- Briancon – Various locations
- Chantemerle/ St Chaffrey – Various locations
- Villeneuve/ La Salle Les Alpes – Various locations
- Monetier Les Bains at Sherpa Supermarket and Church
The collection point for the return transfer will be at the same point. We will confirm your exact collection time up to 2 weeks before the event date.
The drop off and collection points are indicated on the below map. Please choose the location which is most convenient for where you are staying in Serre Chevalier.
See above for prices.
HOW TO BOOK:
Click on the green button below.
At time of booking we require a non-refundable deposit per person plus any applicable entry fee. The balance of your travel package must be paid, at the latest, 12 weeks before departure to avoid the cancellation of your trip.
At time of booking we require a non-refundable deposit per person plus any applicable entry fee. The balance of your travel package must be paid, at the latest, 12 weeks before departure to avoid the cancellation of your trip. Please look here for our full booking conditions.
To take part in the 2017 Etape du Tour you have to get a medical certificate signed by your doctor within the last year from the event date. For an example copy of the kind of form have a look here, Medical certificate example cycling. Alternatively our partners offer online medical certification.
PLEASE NOTE, AT ETAPE REGISTRATION, YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO PRESENT A DOCTOR’S NOTE STATING THERE ARE NO KNOWN MEDICAL REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD NOT COMPETE. PLEASE VISIT OUR MEDICAL CERTIFICATION PAGE (HERE) FOR MORE INFORMATION. THIS IS LEGAL REQUIREMENT AND FAILURE TO COMPLY WILL MEAN YOU NOT PARTICIPATING IN THE ETAPE.
Sports Travel – Keeping safe:
For some tips on how to stay safe whilst you travel, please have a look here.
Single travellers and twin to share:
We welcome single travellers on our tours and holidays as it is a great way to join a like-minded group of people and you will make lots of new friends. If you would like to join our group as a single traveller we can offer you two options. A single room or if you want to avoid the single supplement then you can make use of our ‘twin to share’ option. We will pair you up with another traveller (of the same sex) and you can enjoy the event without having to pay extra.
General, visa, passport and health information:
For passport and visa information, please check the relevant section on this page.General Travel and health Information for your destination is available on the FCO website. Please note that this information relates to UK passport holders only and that other nationalities should refer to their own authorities for this information.
For details of specialist sports travel insurance for our travel packages, please visit our insurance page. You must ensure that your travel insurance policy covers you to participate in running events. There is additional information about our other Concierge Services on our special web page.