Etape du Tour 2018 - Annecy to Le Grand Bornand
Travel and Race Services
Event date 8th July 2018
We offer a selection of travel and race services for the 2018 Etape du Tour which takes place on Sunday July 8, 2018 from Annecy to Le Grand Bornand.
These are available without the need to purchase a travel package with us. These services include: airport transfers from Geneva airport, overland bike transport from the UK, specialist sports travel insurance and an online medical certification service.
Sports Tours International has been providing travelling cyclists with convenient travel services for many years to a large range of cycling events. We offer great value travel packages with everything taken care of – More information here – travel packages with guaranteed entry into the 2018 Etape du Tour.
We understand that you may not require a hotel and the services of our staff so we also offer you the option to make use of some of our services without the need to buy one of our travel packages.
We offer the below travel and race services:
- Etape du Tour Express Airport transfers from Geneva airport – £60 per person – for more information, please click on the READ MORE tab
- Overland bike transfer from the UK at £200 (£175 if booked as part of a travel package) – More information here.
- Sports travel insurance – do not travel without insurance and don’t forget to insure your bike. Please visit our insurance page
- Online medical certification service – To take part in the 2018 Etape du Tour you have to get a medical certificate signed by your doctor within the last year from the event date. For an example copy of the kind of form have a look here, Medical certificate example cycling. Alternatively our partners offer online medical certification
- Bike rental – Bike rental options – £140 for a Trek Carbon bike with Shimano 105 and £209 for Shimano Ultegra – More information here
Etape du Tour Express Airport transfers:
Airport transfers from Geneva International airport for the 2018 Etape du Tour which takes place on Sunday July 8 in Annecy. We provide transport for you, your luggage and your bike in its bike box or bag.
Transfers are available on Friday 6 July and Saturday 7 July.
Etape du Tour travel packages:
The Etape du Tour Express airport transfers can be booked as a stand alone item but if you book a travel package with Sports Tours International with hotel, guaranteed entry and staff service then the return transfer is included in your travel package. We offer arrival transfers at set times on Friday 6 July and Saturday 7 July with departure transfers on Monday 9 July from Annecy to Geneva.
Below you find a summary of the logistics:
- Friday – Airport transfers or self-arrival
- Saturday – The event EXPO and registration in Annecy
- Sunday – Ride the short distance to the start, ride the Etape and take our coach back to Annecy (only included with our travel packages)
- Monday – Transfer back to the airport or make your own departure arrangements
- Return airport transfer Geneva to Annecy – £60 per person
Geneva Cointrin International Airport – Swiss side:
If you arrive at the French side, please make your way through the border and come and meet us in the arrivals hall on on the Swiss side.
Friday 6th July, 2018:
Arrival transfer times (departure time from airport):
We will provide 6 arrival transfers throughout Friday, starting at 11.00 for the first arrivals and then every 1 ½ hours until 17.00 and then a final; transfer at 20.00.
Please book your flights.
Saturday 7th July, 2018:
We will provide 3 arrival transfers on Saturday at 11.00, 14.00 and 16.00. No later than 16.00 to ensure people can make it to registration.
Our staff will be waiting at our Welcome Desk, immediately in front of you as you leave the baggage collection carousels and walk through the doors into the arrivals area.
What is included with the Etape du Tour Express airport transfer?
- Airport welcome and assistance with emergency contact number
- Seat on the airport transfer vehicle at a set time
- Box trailer behind the coach for transport of bikes in bike boxes
- English speaking guide on board and French speaking driver
- Comfortable, quality vehicles from a reputable local coach company
- Central drop off and collection points in Annecy
- Pre-booked return transfer time and collection location based on your flight departure time from the same point as where you were dropped off
A set departure time will be given to you ahead of the event for the collection on Monday after the Etape du Tour.
Please provide us with details of your onward travel (flight or train time) when you book this service.
Please contact us if you need advice on which transfer departure collection time is best for you based on your departure flight time.
Central drop off and collection locations:
We will have a selection of locations in Annecy. If you make use of our airport transfers, please use one of these hotels as your drop off and collection point. (listed below in no particular order).
- Hotel Campanile Cran Gevrier
- Hotel Best Western International & Ibis Styles Annecy centre
- Hotel Novel Mamma
- Hotel Palais de L’Isle
- Hotel Adonis
- Hotel Splendid
- Hotel Novotel – Annecy train station
The collection point for the return transfer will be at the same point. We will confirm your exact collection time up to 2 weeks before the event date.
The drop off and collection points are indicated on the below map. Please choose the location which is most convenient for where you are staying in Annecy.
See above for full details and prices.
HOW TO BOOK:
Click on the green button below.
At time of booking we require a non-refundable deposit per person plus any applicable entry fee. The balance of your travel package must be paid, at the latest, 12 weeks before departure to avoid the cancellation of your trip.
Please see here for our full booking conditions.
To take part in the 2018 Etape du Tour you have to get a medical certificate signed by your doctor within the last year from the event date. For an example copy of the kind of form have a look here, Medical certificate example cycling. Alternatively our partners offer online medical certification.
PLEASE NOTE, AT ETAPE REGISTRATION, YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO PRESENT A DOCTOR’S NOTE STATING THERE ARE NO KNOWN MEDICAL REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD NOT COMPETE. PLEASE VISIT OUR MEDICAL CERTIFICATION PAGE (HERE) FOR MORE INFORMATION. THIS IS LEGAL REQUIREMENT AND FAILURE TO COMPLY WILL MEAN THAT YOU CANNOT PARTICIPATE IN THE ETAPE.
Single travellers and twin to share:
We welcome single travellers on our tours and holidays as it is a great way to join a like-minded group of people and you will make lots of new friends. If you would like to join our group as a single traveller we can offer you two options. A single room or if you want to avoid the single supplement then you can make use of our ‘twin to share’ option. We will pair you up with another rider (of the same sex) and you can enjoy the event without having to pay extra.
General, visa, passport and health information:
For passport and visa information, please check the relevant section on this page: https://www.gov.uk/browse/citizenship/passports. General Travel and health Information for your destination is available on the FCO website. Click here for the latest travel advice for France, and click here for useful ‘know before you go’ information also from the FCO. Please note that this information relates to UK passport holders only and that other nationalities should refer to their own authorities for this information.
For details of specialist sports travel insurance for our travel packages, please visit our insurance page. You must ensure that your travel insurance policy covers you to participate in running events. There is additional information about our other Concierge Services on our special web page.