Etape du Tour 2019 - Albertville to Val Thorens
Travel and Race Services
Event date 21st July 2019
We offer a selection of travel and race services for the 2019 Etape du Tour. These are available without the need to purchase a travel package with us. These services include: guaranteed entry, airport transfers from Geneva airport, overland bike transport from the UK, specialist sports travel insurance and an online medical certification service.
Sports Tours International has been providing travelling cyclists with convenient travel services for many years to a large range of cycling events. We offer great value travel packages with everything taken care of – More information here – travel packages with guaranteed entry into the 2019 Etape du Tour.
We understand that you may not require a hotel and the services of our staff so we also offer you the option to make use of some of our services without the need to buy one of our travel packages. We offer the following travel and race services:
- Etape du Tour guaranteed entry – £225 (£125 if booked with travel package) with a lot of extras included.
- Etape du Tour Express Airport transfers from Geneva airport – £80 per person
- Overland bike transfer from the UK at £225 (£195 if booked as part of a travel package) – More information here
- Sports travel insurance – do not travel without insurance and don’t forget to insure your bike. Please visit our insurance page
- Online medical certification service – To take part in the 2019 Etape du Tour you have to get a medical certificate signed by your doctor within the last year from the event date. For an example copy of the kind of form have a look here, Medical certificate example cycling. Alternatively our partners offer online medical certification
2019 Etape du Tour guaranteed entry:
We offer guaranteed entry into the 2019 Etape du Tour without the need to purchase a full travel package at £225 per entry.
Your entry includes:
- A pin code which you can use to enter your details on the Etape du Tour website
- Access to our race briefing
- Access to our private feed stops on the route
Etape du Tour Express Airport transfers:
Airport transfers from the closest airport for the 2019 Etape du Tour. We provide transport for you, your luggage and your bike in its bike box or bag. Transfers are available on Friday and Saturday with a return on Monday.
Etape du Tour travel packages:
The Etape du Tour Express airport transfers can be booked as a stand alone item but if you book a travel package with Sports Tours International with hotel, guaranteed entry and staff service then the return transfer is included in your travel package. We offer arrival transfers at set times on Friday and Saturday with departure transfers on Monday. More information here about our travel packages with guaranteed entry into the 2019 Etape du Tour.
- Return airport transfer – £80 per person
The collection point for the return transfer will be at the same point. We will confirm your exact collection time up to 2 weeks before the event date.
A summary of the logistics:
- Friday 19th July, 2019 – Airport transfers available
- Saturday 20th July, 2019 – The event EXPO and registration in Albertville Airport transfers available. Race briefing, wristband (for feed stops access) distribution
- Sunday 21st July, 2019 – Ride the short distance to the start, ride the Etape du Tour
- Monday 22nd July, 2019 – Transfer back to the airport or make your own departure arrangements
Friday 19th July, 2019:
After collecting luggage and bikes please make your way through the border and come and meet us in the arrivals hall. Arrival transfer times (departure time from airport): We will provide 6 arrival transfers throughout Friday, starting at 11.00 for the first arrivals and then every 1 ½ hours until 17.00 and then a final transfer at 20.00.
Saturday 20th July, 2019:
We will provide 3 arrival transfers on Saturday at 11.00, 14.00 and 16.00. No later than 16.00 to ensure people can make it to registration. Our staff will be waiting at our Welcome Desk, immediately in front of you as you leave the baggage collection carousels and walk through the doors into the arrivals area.
What is included with the Etape du Tour Express airport transfer?
- Airport welcome and assistance with emergency contact number
- Seat on the airport transfer vehicle at a set time
- Box trailer behind the coach for transport of bikes in bike boxes
- English speaking guide on board and French speaking driver
- Comfortable, quality vehicles from a reputable local coach company
- Central drop off and collection points
- Pre-booked return transfer time and collection at the expo in Albertville
Sunday 21st July, 2019:
For everyone who has booked an entry with us, you will be given a wristband which will give you access to our 2 additional feed stops on the Etape route plus a finish meeting point where you can relax after the race before you return to your hotel.
Monday 22nd July, 2019:
A set departure time will be given to you ahead of the event for the collection on Monday after the Etape du Tour. Please provide us with details of your onward travel (flight or train time) when you book this service. Please contact us if you need advice on which transfer departure collection time is best for you based on your departure flight time.
See above for full details and prices.
HOW TO BOOK:
Click on the green button below.
At time of booking we require a non-refundable deposit per person plus any applicable entry fee. The balance of your travel package must be paid, at the latest, 12 weeks before departure to avoid the cancellation of your trip.
Please see here for our full booking conditions.
To take part in the 2019 Etape du Tour you have to get a medical certificate signed by your doctor within the last year from the event date. For an example copy of the kind of form have a look here, Medical certificate example cycling. Alternatively our partners offer online medical certification.
PLEASE NOTE, AT ETAPE REGISTRATION, YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO PRESENT A DOCTOR’S NOTE STATING THERE ARE NO KNOWN MEDICAL REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD NOT COMPETE. PLEASE VISIT OUR MEDICAL CERTIFICATION PAGE (HERE) FOR MORE INFORMATION. THIS IS LEGAL REQUIREMENT AND FAILURE TO COMPLY WILL MEAN THAT YOU CANNOT PARTICIPATE IN THE ETAPE.
Single travellers and twin to share:
We welcome single travellers on our tours and holidays as it is a great way to join a like-minded group of people and you will make lots of new friends. If you would like to join our group as a single traveller we can offer you two options. A single room or if you want to avoid the single supplement then you can make use of our ‘twin to share’ option. We will pair you up with another rider (of the same sex) and you can enjoy the event without having to pay extra.
General, visa, passport and health information:
For passport and visa information, please check the relevant section on this page: https://www.gov.uk/browse/citizenship/passports. General Travel and health Information for your destination is available on the FCO website. Click here for the latest travel advice for France, and click here for useful ‘know before you go’ information also from the FCO. Please note that this information relates to UK passport holders only and that other nationalities should refer to their own authorities for this information.
For details of specialist sports travel insurance for our travel packages, please visit our insurance page. You must ensure that your travel insurance policy covers you to participate in running events. There is additional information about our other Concierge Services on our special web page.