L'Etape du Tour 2017 - Briancon to Col d'Izoard - “Ride a classic mountain stage of the Tour de France”
The 2017 Etape du Tour is your opportunity to ride a stage 18 of the 2017 Tour de France. You will ride a fully supported replica of a Tour de France stage from Briancon to the Col d'Izoard, on 100% closed roads on exactly the same route as the Pros will do just days later.
Sports Tours International is an official tour operator of the 2017 Etape du Tour. We will have a wide selection of hotels in the Briancon, the start town with guaranteed entry, airport transfers and event support.
Briancon and the nearby villages of Villeneuve La Salle Les Alpes and Chantemerle are the best places to stay as you will be very close to registration, the event EXPO village and the start and finish.
There is also an Etape du Tour & Tour de France Ride and watch package, allowing you to Ride the Etape du Tour, then watch the Tour de France stages in the area.
Two of our Tour de France packages also offer the option of riding the Etape as part of a longer trip to watch the Tour de France.
They are the All Mountains
and Paris, and the Alps Part 2 Packages.
Click here for full details of this package in our Tour de France Section.
What's so special about the Etape du Tour?
The event takes place on 100% closed roads
Event support is the best with mechanical support by Mavic, fully secured roads and professional feed stops
- You will ride a stage of the Tour de France on exactly the same route as the Pros just a week later
The start village is the ideal place to stay for the 2017 Etape du Tour. We will be offering a variety of hotels. Below you find a summary of the logistics..
- Friday – Airport transfers
- Saturday – The event EXPO and registration are today in Briancon
- Sunday – Ride the short distance to the start, ride the Etape and descend back down from the Col d’Izoard to your hotel
- Monday – Transfer back to the airport
What’s included with your Etape du Tour travel package?
We have been working on the Etape du Tour as official UK tour operator for many years. We provide excellent travel packages with staff support so you can focus on the riding. We have 2 star, 3 star and 4 star hotel options and hotel stays are available for 3 nights on the advertised board basis.
If you don’t want to fly with your bike then why not make use of our Overland bike transport service from the UK at £150 per bike if booked with a package (Otherwise £175) – More information here
Bike rental is avaialble – Bike rental options – £129 for a Trek Carbon bike with Shimano 105 and £199 for Shimano Ultegra – More information here
Why ride the 2017 Etape du Tour with us?:
- We welcome all nationalities
- You will know in advance where you will stay as we advertise hotel names
- The option to buy a guaranteed entry to the 2017 Etape du Tour at a discounted price of £75
- Hotel and support packages to suit all budgets
- Bike rental available – More info
- A choice of hotels in and near the start town, the ideal place to stay as it is the location of the event EXPO, registration and the start and you can descend back to your hotel after the finish
- We facilitate various travel options like airport transfers and self drive
- Breakfasts and evening meal times are in line with the event timings so early breakfast and early or later evening meals where required
- Dedicated feed station for Sports Tours International customers
- Airport transfers for you and your bike from the airport
- Secure bike storage at your hotel or residence
- Assistance of Sports Tours reps and mechanics including a professional race briefing
- Etape du Tour training plan every month from January 2017
- A Sports Tours International cycling jersey made by Santini
- Payments are financially protected by ABTA
If you would like to read a report of the Etape du Tour, read the report by Road Cycling UK’s Assistant Editor George Scott on the Road Cycling UK website
The Etape du Tour is just one of many sportives to which we offer packages in Europe, The UK, and beyond.
Events include La Marmotte (France), The Gran Fondo Milan-San Remo (Italy), The Paris Roubaix Challenge (France), RideLondon (UK), and many more.
Click here for the full list.