TOUR DE FRANCE 2018
13th to 16th July 2018
On this tour you will join us in the Roubaix area, infamous for its difficult cobbled sectors which delivers exciting cycling annually during the Spring Classics. We expect theses stages to make and break the hopes of a number of riders. A must-see.
Included with this tour is a convenient hotel, VIP access, transport and daily guided rides. Spectators also welcome.
This weekend trip takes in the stage finish in Arras which will be no doubt be one for the sprinters and the cobbled stage to Roubaix which caused so much drama a few years ago.
Daily transport, cycling options and the official 2018 Tour de France road book are all included as well as official TDF merchandise and exclusive VIP access tickets to watch the Tour from up close. Bike rental is also available if you don’t want to bring your own bike.
This Tour’s Highlights:
- Limited to just 15 people
- 2018 Tour de France welcome pack with official Le Tour merchandise and the sought after 2018 TDF road book
- Official Tour de France ‘Cross the finishline’ VIP experience
- Official Tour de France ‘Relais Etape’ hospitality
- Daily guided bike rides
About the Hotel:
★★★ Hotel Ibis St Quentin:The 76 rooms of the Ibis St Quentin all offer free WIFI and the in house Rendez-Vous bar is ideally located for a quiet evening drink discus the previous days action at the Tour de France.
The 3 Star hotel St Quentin is located in the heart of the city close to the stunning Basilique de Saint-Quentin. The hotel offers the same quality comfort and amenities that you have you have grown to expect from Ibis guaranteeing you a comfortable stay.
Friday 13th July, 2018 – Arrival day:
Please make your own way to the hotel Ibis in St Quentin to join the Sports Tours team and the rest of our group.
Driving to St Quentin from the UK...
St Quentin is less than 2 hours from Calais on the A26 motorway.
Flying in to Paris CDG...
There is a regular train service to St Quentin, with 1 connection, taking about 1 1/2 hours.
Eurostar to Paris Gare du Nord...
There is a direct train to St Quentin, which takes 1 hour 40 minutes.
Saturday 14th July, 2018 – Dreux to Amiens:
We have a treat in store for you today. The cyclists can join us for our ‘cross the finish line’ VIP experience. We will ride on the very roads that the peloton will ride on just hours later. After you have crossed the official finish line in Amiens, we will be joined by the non-cyclists and we will all have our photos taken on the winners podium and wait for the riders to arrive in Amiens.
Your day includes:
- The support of the Sports Tours International team and support vehicle
- Cycle the final portion of the stage along the same route as the pros just hours later
- Crossing the finish line on your bike
- A photo on the top step of the official podium
- The chance to get changed in Amiens – please note that you will not be allowed on the final grandstand in cycling gear
- A seat on the final grandstand to watch the pros arrive (no food included)
- Return transfer back to the hotel after the stage
Sunday 15th July, 2018 – Arras to Roubaix:
Today we have access to the ‘Relais Etape’ hospitality area which gives the riders an ideal opportunity to join us on our guide bike ride there.
After breakfast we will load the bikes onto the trailer and we will set off to spend the day at the Relais Etape which includes lunch there.
The riders will be supported by our bike guide and support minibus on their ride to the Relais Etape.
Non-cyclists will continue on the tour bus and we will all meet up together to enjoy the Relais Etape. The cyclists need to get changed into some leisure wear before going into the hospitality area.
Relais Etape Hospitality:
For both riders and spectators we offer the ‘Relais Etape’ experience. Enjoy a sit down lunch, a comfortable setting with a large screen to watch today’s deciding stage. The ‘Relais Etape’ is an area on the course of a Tour de france stage which takes the form of a small village in a prime position along the route, just a few kilometres from the finish line. We will accommodate a ride to this area for those who are cycling and spectators will be taken directly to the ‘Relais Etape’ to enjoy the day.
This inspiring package mirrors the excitement of the race and includes:
- A clubhouse to accommodate all guests
- Welcome aperitif and unlimited buffet
- Entertainment and live race coverage on a giant screen
- Champagne celebration of the day’s action
- Tour de France gift
Monday 16th July, 2018 – Departure day:
As the riders of the 2018 Tour de France move south towards the Alps, it is time for us to go home.
£599 per person, based on two sharing a room
£129 single supplement
- 3 nights at the 3 star hotel Ibis in St Quentin
- 3 breakfasts
- 2018 Tour de France road book and merchandise pack
- Exclusive Tour de France VIP access; cross the finish line experience and Relais Etape experience – Have a look at our videos on the tab above to see what VIP access is all about
- Minibus support vehicle with customised bike trailer
- The services of our team of bike hosts
- A Sports Tours International cycling jersey made by Santini – More information
- A safe pair of hands – More information
- Bike storage at the hotels
- All hotel taxes
- Commemorative Roubaix cobble stone – £25
- Sports travel insurance. Please visit our insurance page
- Bike rental – £189 for a Trek Carbon bike with Shimano 105 and £239 for Shimano Ultegra – More information here
HOW TO BOOK:
Click on the green button below.
At time of booking we require a non-refundable deposit per person plus any applicable entry fee. The balance of your travel package must be paid, at the latest, 12 weeks before departure to avoid the cancellation of your trip.
Please click here for our full booking conditions.
Single travellers and twin to share:
We welcome single travellers on our tours and holidays as it is a great way to join a like-minded group of people and you will make lots of new friends. If you would like to join our group as a single traveller we can offer you two options. A single room or if you want to avoid the single supplement then you can make use of our ‘twin to share’ option. We will pair you up with another traveller (of the same sex) and you can enjoy the event without having to pay extra.
General, visa, passport and health information:
For passport and visa information, please check the relevant section on this page: https://www.gov.uk/browse/citizenship/passports. General Travel and health Information for your destination is available on the FCO website. Click here for the latest travel advice for France, and click here for useful ‘know before you go’ information also from the FCO. Please note that this information relates to UK passport holders only and that other nationalities should refer to their own authorities for this information.
For details of specialist sports travel insurance for our travel packages, please visit our insurance page. You must ensure that your travel insurance policy covers you to participate in cycling events. There is additional information about our other Concierge Services on our special web page.